THE SOFTWASH CLEANING PROCESS
WE START BY REMOVING THE ROOT SYSTEM
The Soft wash process we use at Roof Cleaner recognizes that these organisms have a destructive filament root system that create fissures and cracks when they penetrate and anchor to our roof and exterior surfaces. These roots form a fish hook style root system that when removed by force (power/pressure washing) results in damage to the exterior surface. Roof Cleaner uses an improved three step cleaning process that treats these destructive organisms like a pest not a stain.
- Step 1. We first kill the parasitic growth along with its destructive root system with our specially designed biodegradable cleaners.
- Step 2. We then allow the surface layer of these organisms to come off naturally with rain and weather rather than forcibly removing them with pressure washers thereby causing more damage. (Pressure Washers actually erode the surface they are cleaning, especially when removing staining caused by algae, mildew, bacteria and lichens.)
- Step 3. Finally, We leave behind a residual spore block inhibitor that kills any remaining roots and protects against future spores (fungal seeds). This results in a 100% kill ratio of all Algae, Mold, Mildew, Moss, Fungus and Lichens from your exterior surfaces.
This safe root removal process allows Roof Cleaner to provide a cleaning that will not only last 4-6 times longer than traditional power washing but it actually protects your exterior surfaces after the cleaning process. This cleaning / treatment process is covered by a 5 Year, Spot-Free Limited Warranty.
IS SOFT WASH SAFE FOR MY LANDSCAPE?
The Soft wash technology that Roof Cleaner uses was originally created and used by the agricultural industry. Similar to the agricultural industry our Soft wash process recognizes that you must protect the other “good” plants from damage while addressing the harmful organisms. Agricultural style spraying systems like our soft wash system allow for more precise dosing of chemicals in lower volumes for maximum results with very little waste or run-off. If any run-off reaches your landscape protective measures are taken to rinse away or capture those chemicals. Then once the cleaning is over Roof Cleaner uses a final rinse on the plant life that neutralizes remaining residuals of chemical and fortifies the plants.
IS SOFT WASHING SAFE FOR EXTERIOR SURFACES?
The low pressure sprayers allow us to mitigate other possible damages like wood rot created from water being forced under your home’s exterior surfaces. This can also cause sick home syndrome allowing mold and mildew to colonize inside your walls causing poor indoor air quality and even illness.
SOFT WASHING IS THE ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE CHOICE!
The soft wash system that Roof Cleaner uses has been built completely around a mindset of environmental stewardship.
- Roof Cleaner’s Soft Wash System uses two thirds less water than pressure washing.
- Roof Cleaner’s Soft Wash System doesn’t use fossil fuel burning engines like pressure washing.
- Roof Cleaner’s Soft Wash System uses biodegradable chemicals that break down into carbon and / or water within 20 days
- Roof Cleaner’s Soft Wash System lasts four to six times longer than traditional pressure washing meaning less visits, less chemicals, less water, less energy and less waste!
HOT/COLD WATER PRESSURE WASHING
While we are the local experts in softwash cleaning, there are exterior surfaces that a pressure washer is to be used on. We here at Roof Cleaner have the training, knowledge and experience to use power washers correctly and safely.
We provide the following pressure washing services throughout the Greater Grand Rapids and Lakeshore areas: